Notice: All volunteers and all employees must submit to a criminal background check done by the State of Massachusetts prior to working with students.
Professional Employment Opportunities:
To apply for any professional positions in Quincy Public Schools, send your resume and a copy of your license(s) to the: Office of Human Resources Quincy Public Schools 34 Coddington Street, Quincy, MA 02169 Your resume and license(s) will be forwarded to all schools where any vacancies exist. If the Principal or Director wishes to interview you, you will be contacted directly by him/her for an interview. Please be certain that your resume’ clearly states the position(s) you are interested in, what Massachusetts licenses you hold and a phone number where you can be contacted.
Current Openings (June 2019)
- Art Department Chair (Teaching)
- Music Department Chair (Teaching)
- English Language Arts/APP Program
- Special Education Team Administrator
- Teaching Elementary School Assistant Principal
Substitute Teachers require at least an Associate’s Degree or the equivalent, although a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. Substitute Teachers (all subjects – all levels) candidates should complete the following forms:
- Definition of OBRA
- Employment Status as Substitute Teacher
- Application for Professional Positions
- Conflict of Interest Law for Municipal Employees
- Conflict of Interest Summary Receipt
- CORI Request Form
- Beneficiary Designation Form
- W-4 (2019) Form
- VOYA Enrollment Form
- Social Security Information
- Payroll Direct Deposit Enrollment Form
- SAFIS National Background Check (Link to appointment website)
- I-9 Form
- M4 State 2019
- QPS ESS Employee Instruction Manual
Return the completed forms in person to: Quincy Public Schools Office of Human Resources, 34 Coddington Street, Quincy, MA 02169 Monday through Friday between 8:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. . For further information, please call Geri Calos at 617-984-8767. Along with the completed forms, please bring with you the following:
- Proof of your degree
- Teacher Licensure
- A state-issued driver’s license or state-issued I.D. card with a photograph
- An original social security card OR a birth certificate issued by the state, country, or municipal authority bearing a seal or other certification
- In lieu of #5 and #6 you may bring in a United States Passport OR Certification of United States Citizenship OR a Certificate of Naturalization.
Substitute School Nurses:
To apply to be a Substitute School Nurses (R.N. required), please call Rita Bailey, R.N. at 617-984-8899.