I am concerned about how my child is doing in school. Whom should I call?


If you have any concerns about how your child is faring either academically or socially in school, we urge you to contact your child’s teacher, principal or guidance counselor. Parents are important partners and we would expect parental concerns or complaints to be resolved quickly and carefully. Most complaints are resolved by addressing the persons closest to the situation.

Complaints concerning school-related issues, for example, instruction, discipline, or transportation should be first directed to the appropriate person such as a teacher or transportation office. If you are unable to solve an issue at its point of origin, you should attempt to resolve it at the next higher level. Go to the Schools page to get the contact information for your child’s school or Contact Us and choose the appropriate link for elementary, middle, high school, or click on administrators for a school-wide listing of administrators and departments.

Posted in: General, how do i