Museum Docents Applications are available from Ms.Twomey in room D312, your social studies teacher or click on the link below. Applications Due Wednesday, January 17 @ 2:30 in room D312.
MUSEUM OF FINE ARTS DOCENT TRAINING PROGRAM
Quincy Public Schools’ MFA Docent Program is an amazing opportunity for you to take advantage of one of the world’s greatest cultural institutions: Boston’s Museum of Fine Arts. As an MFA student docent you will be trained to understand and appreciate galleries that fit into a special theme that complements the freshman social studies curriculum. In the past we have explored: Asian Art, Influences of Classicism, American Art, and Religious Art. In addition to being a once in a lifetime opportunity, this is also a serious COMMITMENT and there are both expectations and rewards that you should understand.
You will be expected to attend all four training sessions at the Museum, from 9:00am to 2:30 pm. In addition, you will present your pieces of art to Social Studies students from both Quincy and North Quincy High Schools at two field trips this spring and two field trips for the following two academic years.
The goal of this program is to be able to discuss the collection and relate your experience and knowledge from the Museum back to the classroom. You will be developing new skills and hopefully new friendships while still managing to have some fun!
Here are dates for this year’s the training sessions:
Training days are February 7, March 7 & 14, and April 11.
Dates for the spring field trips with 9th grade Social Studies classes were:
May 2 and May 30
Written application deadline is Wednesday, January 17th. Please fill out the online application form. Essay questions should be emailed to email@example.com. The list will of new docents will be posted on Monday, January 22nd and you should pick up permission slips that day. There will be a mandatory meeting on Tuesday, January 30 @12:30 (Early Release Day) and your FT forms will be due at that meeting but you may turn them in early. If you do not turn the forms in on time you will lose your spot. Please contact me before these dates with any issues. Please fill out the info form @ http://quincymfadocents.weebly.com/online-docent-application-form.html
Thank you for your interest and good luck!
THIS IS A 6 FIELD TRIP COMMITMENT FOR SOPHOMORES. 3 FIELD TRIPS FOR JUNIOR AND SENIOR YEARS. All docents must participate in Fundraising efforts (Acoustic Café).
Attention – students participating in the France/Italy trip with Ms. Amira this April are invited with their families to a mandatory meeting in room C317 Tuesday, January 16th at 5:30PM. Please see Ms. Amira for details.
- Monday, January 29th will be the start of Term III and will be a Day One.
- Mid-Year exams are counted as no more than 20% of the term 2 grade.
- Lunches on all exam days:
Lunch 5: Grades 11 & 12
Lunch 6: Grade 10
Lunch 7: Grade 9
- Students are expected to attend each class on each day of exams. The Homeroom Study period counts as a class period and students are required to report to homeroom for review/study at during that time.
- In the event of a school cancellation during exam week the schedule for that day will take place upon return to school the following day.
- In the event of a delayed start, the missed exam period will take place during the make-up period on the last day.
- Make-up exams are for students who missed an exam period due to an excused absence. A professional note must be submitted to the student’s Dean in order for the absence to be excused. If an exam period is missed because of an excused absence, arrangements must be made with individual teachers and can be administered during the designated make-up periods or a student’s study hall. Students cannot miss one exam to make up another.
- An Unexcused Absence from an exam will result in a 0 score on the exam.Mid-Year Exam Schedule 2017-2018