9th Grade Advanced:
History of the World in 6 Glasses by Tom Standage
Here are the dates for the last informational meetings this year: Wednesday 6/12 Monday 6/18 Tuesday 6/19 See Ms. Amira in C317 for details.
Please visit D211 for upcoming community service events — more opportunities are available for June! REMEMBER — when you return in September, class of 2019 should have completed 30 hours; class of 2020 should have completed 20 hours; and sophomores should have completed 10 hours. Please visit D211 for details or questions!
Click here for application: SS2018 – SAT PREP – Info & Registration
Need to make up a class for credit? Summer School is for you.
Courses allow students to intensively review a subject in order to
pass the required competency exam. Available courses are linked in the application below.
Grades: 9 – 12
Location: Quincy High School
Dates: Monday-Friday, July 9 — August 3
Times: Session 1: 8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Session 2: 10:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Cost: $255 per course
$220 for a second course for the same student
Contact: Jeff Bretsch
Course Credit Policy: Students must:
● Have taken the full-year course in the subject area for the
entire academic year. Fulfill the summer course attendance
requirements. Earn a minimum grade of 63.
● Excellent attendance is expected. Students with more than 2
absences will not receive course credit. Family vacations are
not excused absences.
● Students arriving more than 15 minutes late will be referred to
summer school office for guidance or administrative action.
● Students must abide by the Quincy Public Schools Student’s
Rights and Responsibilities Policy.
● Transportation is not provided.
● Monday, July 2, QHS, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
● Tuesday, July 3, NQHS, 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
● Money Orders payable to Quincy Public Schools (no personal
● UniBank Online Payment— All Electronic Debit and Credit
Card transactions can be processed through the UniBank
● Visit our website at quincypublicschools.com and click on Pay
School Fees Online (under Parent Links on top right) and
● *Please remember to attach a printed receipt of your payment
● You may register by mail (preferred) by filling out the
registration form and including payment or by attending one
of our walk-in sessions.
● Please attach a copy of your student’s report card or failure
letter to the registration form if possible.
● Courses must be paid in full prior to the start of the first class.
Volunteers are needed for the following events:
Quincy’s first LGNTQ+ Pride Day on Sunday, June 3rd.
Quincy Youth Hockey Learn-to-Skate spring and summer sessions beginning this month and ending in August.
Walk for the Muscular Dystrophy Association on Saturday, May 19th on the Boston Common. This is a very special day to provide support for those affected by Muscular Dystrophy.
The US Dragon and Lion Dance program needs volunteers to help with pre- and post-set-up, and for their event days. There are after school and Saturday opportunities during the period from May 23rd-May 27th.
Visit D211 for details and sign ups for any and all of these programs.
Quincy High School Senior John Kelly will be Governor for the Day today in recognition of Student Government Day. Below is the link to use if you are able to see his speech that is scheduled to be on live at 11:15.