QUINCY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Middle School Extramural Athletics
Sports Eligibility: Student Information
In order for your child to play sports, you must provide the following information to your coach before the beginning of the season.
- A copy of a recent Physical Exam – done within the last thirteen months and signed by your doctor and on file in the school nurse’s office. Please call your health care provider and schedule an appointment. Your child will be ineligible for participation until a copy is on file.
- A MIAA/Sports Medical Questionnaire and Consent Form – filled out and signed by a parent/guardian (this will stay on file in the nurses office).
- A Sports Permit Form – filled out and signed by a parent/guardian (this form is for the coach in case of an emergency).
- A User Fee (see details below) – Payments can be made at www.quincypublicschools.com/msathletics (select pay use fee > Your School > the sport > boy or girl) ***Print payment receipt and return to your Athletic Director. Payments can also be made by cash, check, or money order; checks are payable to “QPS Athletic Fund”.
It is the responsibility of the student to submit all of the forms to the Athletic Director. He/She will not be allowed to practice or play without the completed forms.
Sports Offered: At all Quincy Public Middle Schools, these extramural sports, along with the cost to play (user fee), are offered:
Fall: Cross Country ($30) & Tennis ($15)
Winter: Volleyball ($30), Swimming ($15), & Wrestling ($15)
Spring: Track & Field ($30) & Golf ($15)
Please read the 3 pieces of information listed below: the two forms mentioned do NOT need to be returned at this time:
- Report of Head Injury During Sports Season: Inform the coach or your school nurse if your child sustains a concussion outside of schools hours and submit the Report of Head Injury form to the school or school nurse
- Retain the Parent/Athlete Concussion Information Sheet for your reference.
- Concussion resource information is available at the following websites: