All students and staff were dismissed from North Quincy High School today at around 10:30 am as a precautionary measure after an expended micro-smoke device was found in the Media Center. The device was not expended in school. After the building was evacuated, Quincy Police Department K-9 units and Quincy Public Schools administrators performed an exhaustive sweep of the building. This sweep uncovered no more devices and the building is safe to reopen on the regular schedule for Tuesday, December 11. Please note that this is a previously scheduled early release day for students, with dismissal at 12:35 pm.
Employment permits (“working papers”) for students under age 18 are issued through the North Quincy and Quincy High School main offices for both Quincy Public Schools students and Quincy residents who attend private schools. High School Principals Shaw and Taglieri have been designated by Superintendent DeCristofaro to issue these permits.
To begin the application process, click here to download the form. Bring the completed form and a student id, recent report card, or birth certificate to either high school main office between the hours of 8:00 am and 2:00 pm for review and processing.
Employment permits will be issued within 48 hours of receipt of completed form and required documentation.
Are you ready for some football? North Quincy High School will meet Quincy High School at 10:00 am on Thanksgiving Day at Veterans Stadium for the 86th annual crosstown showdown!!
Live audio will be available on QATV Channel 8 and the game will be rebroadcast at 4:00 pm, 8:00 pm and midnight on Thanksgiving Day.
If you are traveling out of Quincy on Thanksgiving, you can follow the action with QATV by visiting football.iscorecast.com and enter customer ID
- 10:15 am Pre-Kindergarten: Della Chiesa ECC and Point Webster full day students (NO AM Integrated Pre-Kindergarten at Snug Harbor, Della Chiesa ECC, or Point Webster)
- 11:25 am Elementary Schools: Atherton Hough, Bernazzani, Lincoln Hancock, Merrymount, Wollaston
- 11:55 am Elementary Schools: Beechwood Knoll, Clifford Marshall, Montclair, Parker, Snug Harbor, Squantum
- 10:55 am Middle Schools: Atlantic, Broad Meadows, Central, Point Webster, Sterling
- After rally North Quincy High School, Quincy High School