The Quincy School Committee has a policy of granting Open Enrollment on a space-available basis. When making the decision to admit open enrollment students, the Superintendent must consider the capacity of the school building to accommodate Open Enrollment students both for the present school year and future years. To be eligible for Open Enrollment, students must be Quincy residents.
All Open Enrollment requests must be submitted via the online request system at www.quincypublicschools.com beginning at noon on Wednesday, September 6, 2017. After completing the form, you will receive a message that your request has been successfully submitted.
Open Enrollment Procedure:
- Student names are placed on school lists in the order in which they are received.
- Brothers and sisters of students already enrolled in a school under the Open Enrollment Policy will be given preference for that school, as long as the older student will still be enrolled there when the younger student starts school.
- Open Enrollment decisions are made at the end of the school year, when enrollment projections for 2018-2019 are available.
- Notification letters are mailed to families no later than mid-July.
- Please update Quincy Public Schools of any change in circumstances (for example, choosing to attend your home school, moving within Quincy, moving to a different town.) Please email to email@example.com or call 617.984.8702.
Kindergarten Parents may request Open Enrollment beginning on September 6, 2017, but must also register students at their home school in March 2018. (Students who are already enrolled in Pre-Kindergarten at the Della Chiesa Early Childhood Center or the Snug Harbor Community School do not have to register again.)
Kindergarten registration will begin in March 2018; check our website at www.quincypublicschools.com for more information as the date approaches. Your child will also be screened at their home school in May 2018. Should your child be granted Open Enrollment, all records will be transferred to their new school.