The Quincy Public Schools Integrated Pre-Kindergarten Programs serve 3- and 4-year old children with special needs and their typically developing peers. Pre-Kindergarten classes are held at Snug Harbor , Point Webster, and the Della Chiesa Early Childhood Center. Children must be 3 years old on or before August 31, 2019 to be considered for the 2019-2020 school year. There are a limited number of Pre-Kindergarten seats available and Quincy Public Schools is not able to accommodate all students interested in the program.
At this time, all seats for typically developing students are filled for the 2018-2019 school year. Families who submitted information before August 31, 2018 will be placed on the waiting list and contacted if there are openings.
Special Education Screening – Consistent with the Special Education Act, Quincy Public Schools conducts a screening for three- and four-year old children in order to identify those who have special needs. Please call the Snug Harbor Pre-School at 617-984-8951 to make a Special Education screening appointment.
There are two different Pre-Kindergarten programs offered:
- four half-day sessions held on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays OR
- two half-day sessions held on Mondays/Thursdays or Wednesdays/Fridays.
Priority is given to 4-year olds, followed by children who are 3 1/2 or older.
Beginning in September 2018, transportation will not be provided for Integrated Pre-Kindergarten program students.
Please click here to complete the Pre-Kindergarten Student Information form. Screenings will be scheduled for March and April 2019 based on the age priorities above and the number of Pre-Kindergarten seats available for typically developing students.
- Title I Integrated Pre-Kindergarten Program – Children who reside in the following school districts are eligible for these classes: Clifford Marshall, Lincoln Hancock, Parker, and Snug Harbor. There is no tuition fee for this program.
- City Wide Integrated Pre-Kindergarten Program – Children who reside in the following school district are eligible these classes: Atherton Hough, Beechwood Knoll, Bernazzani, Merrymount, Montclair, Squantum and Wollaston Schools. There is a tuition fee for this pre-kindergarten program.
- If you are unsure of your neighborhood school district, please consult the QPS Street Directory.