The Quincy Public Schools Integrated Pre-Kindergarten Programs serve 3- and 4-year old children with special needs and their typically developing peers. Pre-Kindergarten classes are held at the Snug Harbor Pre-School and the Della Chiesa Early Childhood Center. Children must be 3 years old on or before August 31, 2018 to be considered for the 2018-2019 school year.
There are two different Pre-Kindergarten programs offered:
- four half-day sessions held on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays OR
- two half-day sessions held on Mondays/Thursdays or Wednesdays/Fridays.
Priority is given to 4-year olds, followed by children who are 3 1/2 or older. Please note that there is a limited number of Pre-Kindergarten program openings for typically developing students.
Beginning in September 2018, transportation will not be provided for Integrated Pre-Kindergarten program students.
Please click here to complete the Pre-Kindergarten Student Information form. Screenings were completed in March based on the age priorities above and the number of Pre-Kindergarten seats available for typically developing students. Families of students invited into a Pre-Kindergarten class will be notified by April 2018.
Additional screenings will be scheduled if needed in Spring 2018 should Pre-Kindergarten program seats become available.
- Title I Integrated Pre-Kindergarten Program – Children who reside in the following school districts are eligible for these classes: Clifford Marshall, Lincoln Hancock, Parker, and Snug Harbor. There is no tuition fee for this program.
- City Wide Integrated Pre-Kindergarten Program – Children who reside in the following school district are eligible these classes: Atherton Hough, Beechwood Knoll, Bernazzani, Merrymount, Montclair, Squantum and Wollaston Schools. There is a tuition fee for this pre-kindergarten program.
- If you are unsure of your neighborhood school district, please consult the QPS Street Directory.
Special Education Screening – Consistent with the Special Education Act, Quincy Public Schools conducts a screening for three- and four-year old children in order to identify those who have special needs. Please call the Snug Harbor Pre-School at 617-984-8951 to make a Special Education screening appointment.