What is RSS?
- RSS (Rich Site Summary) is a format for delivering regularly changing web content.
- Typical uses for RSS are for websites that are constantly updating their content, such as Quincy Public Schools main page, School Committee page and each individual Quincy Public Schools’ website.
How To Use to an RSS Feed Reader?
- If you use Internet Explorer 8 or higher there is a RSS Feed Reader built into it. The Icon for it is located on your command bar andlooks like this:
- Once you’re on the website you wish to subscribe to just click on the RSS Feed Icon and it will bring you to a new page and it will ask if you want to subscribe to it. Click the link if you wish to subscribe to this page.
- Once subscribed anytime you visit the website that you are subscribed to if you click on your RSS Feed Icon it will bring you to a new page and show you all the updates/new articles that have been posted on the website that you are subscribed to.